Share, Inspire, Unite
What is a capsule collection, you ask? Well, according to Wikipedia... a capsule wardrobe is a collection of a few essential items of clothing that don't go out of fashion, which can be augmented with seasonal pieces. We recommend you do this by season so that you have a nice, compact and even better – travel ready – wardrobe for each season. Everything should blend together nicely which keeps your style cohesive.
Top Tips for a Creating a Capsule Collection:
For inspiration, we’ve set up some great capsule collections for Fall.
- Don't ignore the basics – Basic tees and tanks for Spring/Summer, basic long sleeves for Fall/Winter. And remember that basics don’t have to be just some boring tee. But they do need to be something that can coordinate back with lots of items. Example: Aventura Erin Long Sleeve has great ruching and a wonderful wrap detail. It can be used as a stand alone or a layering piece in white/black under lots of cardigans, sweaters, tunics and so on.
- Neutrals – By this we don’t mean that your wardrobe has to be nothing but white, off white, gray or black. By all means if that is what you like, go for it, but there are so many other items that will match back with lots of things. Example: Carve Whitman Slim Pant in Midnight. With its dark wash, it can be dressed up or dressed down. It’s not denim, but looks like it could be, and the fit on this pant is comfortable and flattering.
- Travel ready pieces – Travel ready pieces are great because they coordinate with so many things and can be worn over and over again without worry about wrinkles, etc Example: Kavu Pretty Poncho and Kavu Wrap It Up Cardi. These can be layered over leggings, pants, skirts and dresses.
- Trendy Items – Let yourself buy a few trendy items each season. It keeps your wardrobe fresh and current. And with some trends lasting longer and longer these days, it helps ease some pressure on your bank account but still lets you look stylish every season. Example: Kavu Deva Dress in Military Camo Print or even Toad & Co.’s Printed Lean Legging in Camo or Tyrian Purple.
- Accessories – You can change up the look of each outfit by accessorizing. And outdoor women love a great hat, scarf or pair of mitts. Let’s face it, we wear them to run errands, during activities, on the après ski scene and sometimes even at work.
Capsule Collection I - Fall 2015 - a great collection of whites, ivories, grays and blacks
Capsule Collection II - Fall 2015 - a spectacular mix of purples and turquoises
Capsule Collection III - Fall 2015 - off white, blues and deep purples create a wonderful color palette
Capsule Collection IV - Fall 2015 - reds, whites, blacks and plaids!
Capsule Collection V - Fall 2015 - neutrals, turquoises and rusts abound
Capsule Collection VI - Fall 2015 - comfy, nubby knits in rich, organic colors
Capsule Collection VII - Fall 2015 - off whites, browns and great coordinating neutrals
Stay Connected with Outdoormountainspirit.com!